Monday, December 06, 2004

...Revenge is best served Cold...

No one can make me cry like.......
Denzel Washington.

You thought I was going to say someone else huh? ;)

I just saw the movie Man On Fire (which was great by the way) and just seeing his face, when hes getting ready to cry and you can tell...ugh, I always cry even before he does! He is such a great actor. He had a lot of good catch phrases in the movie. Like my title today "Revenge is best served Cold" I hadnt heard it before but I guess its been around. Wheen I heard him say it, I was reminded of a dream I had the night before.

I have very interesting, and vivid dreams, and most of them dont make any sense, but this one was quite realistic. It really got to me.

Before I fell asleep, I looked up from my pillow at my bedroom door and noticed it was opened a little more than it was when I had first gotten into bed...I thought to myself...Thats not how I left it....then I fell asleep and must have instantly started dreaming.

I sat up to go close my bedroom door and pulled the covers off my legs. As I turned to put my legs over the side of the bed and there was something there. Beside my bed under my legs, was Rob crouched down with his head down on the floor, and when my feet brushed against him he looked up at me with this weird psychotic smile. He was scary and I instantly felt afraid of him. He said Hi! Like he was happy to see me, and expected me to be also. He knelt next to me and put his head in my lap and said I'm so sorry for everything and looked up at me from his position in my lap. He was hugging my legs, and was sweaty and pale. I stood up and as I did he pounced on me throwing us both back onto the bed, playfully like He used to, and had his arm around me and was acting like I was forgiving him and he was smiling and couldnt see I was frightened out of my mind. I sat up and told him that if my dad knew he was there that he would shoot him so he'd better go. He reassured me that wouldnt happen, and he got off the bed, grabbed me by my left arm and pulled me to get up, and he walked me out my bedroom door. I can still feel his fingers squeezing into my arm as Im writing this. He was facing me the whole time walking backwards making sure I was looking at him. We walked across the hall, into a bedroom that is there in my parents house, only it was a door to the outside and was now a balcony/ porch area. It was cold and windy outside but he was still sweating like crazy. He reminded me of Jack Nicolson in the Shining, when he puts the axe through the bathroom door, and sticks his crazy face through the hole...Rob resembled THAT look. He had a backpack on and reached over his shoulder, still latched onto my arm with his stabbing fingers, and pulled out a silver revolver, put it up to my face, about an inch away from it and pulled the trigger...just that fast...I think it fired but all I could feel was a strong gust of air on my face, He pulled the trigger two more times. I just stood there paralized and waiting to feel pain, but I felt nothing except the gusts of air on my face. I was about to pass out because I had been holding my breath. My heart was about to come out of my chest. He was pissed, more pissed off than I had ever seen. I could see his lip roll over the top of his teeth. He looked at the gun and dropped it on the concrete porch. He reached over his shoulder again and Pulled out a rifle, pushed me back in the door saying "thats ok, Ill just try this one..." He walked me down the stairs with his hand still stabbing me in my arm with five jagged fingers. He had that look again, the crazy one, smiling the whole time with sweaty teeth. As we are walking down the stairs I see my dad come out from under the staircase, with his gun, pretending to be cleaning it. He looked up at us calmly, and Rob goes "Hey!" to him like hes going to be happy to see him and shake his hand hello as usual. My dad is still cool and collected and says something to Rob I can't remember, but Rob keeps me moving and throws me onto the living room floor, he plops me down next to the cofee table where his cell phone is, and points the rifle at me. My dad lifts his gun up and puts it to Robs head and cocks it, I slowly and methodically grab the phone as they are chatting. I dial 911 but it is of course a recorded message "all circuits are busy, please dial your call again..if this is an emergency please dial a 1 before hanging up" Im shaking like crazy, from the inside out. Rob looks away from his conversation with my dad and stabbs the gun into my chest...hard, and I push against it. He pulls the trigger again but nothing happens except air and he gets pissed again! Then he takes the end of his rifle and puts it under his chin and pulls it staring at me with crazy eyes saying it doesnt matter anyway. Nothing happened but I flinched and shut my eyes. He really wanted it to go off. His face changed from a crazy smiling lunatic to psychotic and mad, angry and disturbed.

Then, all of a sudden Im back in my bed. I sit up and I think "oh thank god it was all a dream" and so I get up to close my door again and its freezing, but when I look out into the other room I see Robs phone and then I hear his voice talking downstairs...My heart starts beating really hard and fast and I crawl back under the covers....I hate when that happens in dreams.

Then I really did wake up. I didnt go back to sleep at all that night. I was too scared to get up and shut my door too, it was still open just a little more than I liked it to be. It was freezing in my room and the light from the computer in the office was illuminating my room, like the light from Robs phone was doing in my dream. I held onto the edge of my bed all night, waiting for my alarm clock to go off.

One scene in the Denzel movie, was a scene with him, a bottle of Jack Daniels and a gun, not a revolver, one with a clip I dont know what they are called. He had one bullet, put it into the chamber, put it to his head and pulled.... nothing happened. He dropped the bullet out of the gun and held it in his hand as if it werent real. He called his best friend, Christopher Walkens character. He had a short heartfelt conversation and at the end told Denzel that "a bullet always tells the truth."



Im always trying to analyze my dreams and this one got to me. So much so that even now Im shaking a bit as Im writing it. I think the shootings in this dream represented the weakness in me dying and the new more powerful me remaining unharmed. I think the gun represented Robs power and hold on me. I looked up the gun symbol in my fav dream website dreamdoctor.com and this is what it said:

Gun:
Symbol of aggression, anger, power and protection. If the gun fires
properly, the dream suggests feelings of power and confidence. If the dreamer is
attacking, he or she should be alerted to hostile or angry feelings towards the
persons attacked. Being shot at indicates an emotional attack in waking life. If
the gun will not fire, or if the bullets are ineffective, feelings of
powerlessness are represented. Dreams of being surrounded by people who carry
guns can reflect feelings that one is involved with a “dangerous crowd.” Dreams
of guns should not be interpreted as precognitive.

I think I like my interpretation better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home