Monday, January 10, 2005

...off center...

I often have very vivid dreams. Last night was exhausting. I had dreams about catastrophic events. And there were two of my old boyfriends in a couple of my dreams too. In the first one, I was together again with my high school boyfriend Sean. I was also living in the house I used to in California during that time. He was taking me to Disneyland, and had given me some new shoes but when I tried them on they were both for the right foot. So then all of a sudden we were crossing this huge hill of snow, and of course he had no trouble getting across but when I stepped in, I went up to my neck in snow. And just when I got his attention, I realized I had stepped on a mine and it went off…I shot out of the snow reeeeally high up into the air. The sky had a ceiling and as I got closer to it, there was a ceiling fan and I almost hit it as I started to come back down. When I hit I knew it was going to hurt but it didn’t. Then I was at home again, in my parents bedroom on the phone telling Sean how close I got to the ceiling fan way up in the sky. I went down into the basement (we didn’t have a basement in CA) and got a lot of cans of beer and drank them. I felt so drunk I got into bed and slept, and when I woke up the dogs in the backyard were fighting. I couldn’t get into the gate so I had to climb over. I got in there and there were my two dogs and a lot of these little black and white dogs that were really mean. I tried to scare them away but they just kept coming. Then on the hill behind the yard a pack of wolves showed up and started running towards us. I tried to get all the dogs in the house, and they wouldn’t come so I went into the house. Then I woke up.
The second dream had Aaron, a boy I went with in 6th grade and we were older, in high school. We were with a lot of other people I went to school with and had all been gathered up from a field trip and taken to an old abandoned drive in movie lot. The trees had grown in front of the screens and it was now hidden in a forest. I was sitting with my best friend from high school on some boulders, and a couple other boys we used to hang around with were sitting with us talking about what might be happening with the world at the moment. We were at war, and it had happened suddenly. During our field trip we had been invaded, and the sky was full of giant red airplanes and blimps. At one point I went walking with Aaron and he kissed me, and was trying to force himself on me. I struggled with him for a while until some other kids walked up on us and he stopped. I was scared to be with him, but he laughed and put his arm around me as we walked back to the boulders. In the distance, the sky was stormy and there were tornados everywhere. I went into the snack shop with Sara my friend, and we got our ration of food they were handing out. And just as we sat down to eat this waitress came out, she had roller skates on but was walking in the leaves in them. She handed me a hot dog, and said it was compliments of my mom and sister who had called in and had it sent to me. Sara and I split it and laughed at the waitress as she stumbled on her skates to get back to the snack shop. Then suddenly there was this loud siren that sounded so loud, the sound was coming from everywhere, all around us and it was earth shaking. Then two of the red airplanes flew over head, and started dropping bombs, and the bombs made a screaming noise as they flew to the earth. There were groups of soldiers dropping out of the blimps, all in formation and dressed all in red and black. All of us that were on the boulders huddled together in a big mass, to comfort each other as the air turned cold. Before I woke up I remember just looking around at my surroundings, and noticing that we were in a canyon, behind the movie screens were enormous cliffs.
I couldn’t get out of the feeling that I was still there, in that moment. I had to force myself to wake up this morning…I still feel off center.
Ive added links in the symbols to a dream dictionary website.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

this is very interesting, i am kinda having an epiphany / thought. probably becuase it is early. We look heavily into dreams. What if reality was like a dream, what could we get from looking at yesterday like it was a dream, what could we learn from it? For some reason i think we look at dreams more objectively than we do reality, which is backwards if you think about it. We feel comfortable assesing dreams, but who are we to judge reality? Backwards.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home