Tuesday, May 03, 2005

...not the marrying type...

Now No One Will Ever Marry me!!!!!

A follow up on my eHarmony experience:
Today I thought, well maybe they cant match me because I set my distance too close! So I went in and tried to change my preferences. I couldnt get anywhere but the page that tells me they think Im a freak and to go away. So I sent them an email asking for help to change my distances in my profile. Apparently I dont even get a profile! This is what I got in response:

Dear Jenni,
Thanks very much for your email.Based on your answers to our Relationship Questionnaire we will not be able to provide you with matching service.The onsite message you received is used to notify people that they fall outside the range of those we can accurately match with the eHarmony matching service.Please allow me to explain what that means. eHarmony matches people by analyzing their answers to the Relationship Questionnaire in order to accurately match compatible types of people. The difficulty with this technology is that about 20%, or roughly 1 in 5 people,do not fit neatly into any of these categories. When that happens we are faced with a dilemma. We could either match them anyway and hope for the best, or not match them. We are so convinced of the importance of creating compatible matches to help people establish and enjoy happy, lasting relationships that we have chosen to not provide service, instead of risking an uncertain match. We feel that incompatible matches could easily lead to bad marriages; the very thing eHarmony was created to prevent. Please do not take our inability to match you as a reflection of your desirability. We want you to feel totally welcome to spend time with us on oursite. Take advantage of every other part of our service – Our Personality Profile, Q&A with Dr. Neil Clark Warren, and Enlightenment, our monthly newsletter. One thing I can promise you is that all of us at eHarmony are deeply committed to your welfare. We want you and everyone else involved with us to end up with the life he or she most dreams of having.To access your free personality profile, please go to www.eHarmony.com. At the bottom of the screen you will see the text, "Login to complete your registrationor personality profile" next to form fields with the words "Username" and"Password" directly above them. Enter your user name and your password in the corresponding spaces then click the Login button. At the bottom of the screenyou will see the message referenced above ending with, "You can still receive your free personality profile by clicking here." Please click the 'here' link to access your profile.This message is an auto-response to your inquiry. If your questions or concerns have not been addressed, please reply and a Customer Care representative willget right back to you, or you can visit us on the web.
Sincerely,
eHarmony Customer Care

My original email:
When I click on my settings i get logged out, I cant get into my preferences tochange the distance Im looking in to a more broad area. Please help?

I absolutely love the part where they say "Please do not take our inability to match you as a reflection of your desirability." and "One thing I can promise you is that all of us at eHarmony are deeply committed to your welfare. " Why dont they just say that I am a freak of nature and that they dont want me in their system so that some poor schmo doesnt get involved with me and then sue their asses because I am not compatable with anyone except for the other 20% of the freaks they do not accept.

HEY!! I should start a dating service for the 20% of the people that eHarmony doesnt accept! That would be friggin fun!!!!

So is this a sign? Am I picking the wrong people to start relationshps with? Are they trying to tell me that I need to look for someone who is just as messed up as I am? And apparently they dont accept messed up people for their dating service.

What should I name my dating service? I wonder if eHarmony would re-direct people like me to my website when they get the dreaded "no matches" message that I got?

This is sureal. Im feeling kind of like an outcast at the moment. hmmm. Can I sue eHarmony for mental anguish?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home